As always, time is flying by, and we manage to get a few things done here and there. See some more images of our adventures below!
1. We've been really into board games, specifically strategy board games. In less than a month our collection of games (which wasn't much) more than doubled and have a few to suggest for all you board gamers out there: Ticket to Ride, Carcassonne, Royals, and Viticulture. We also added classic board games like Clue, Scrabble and Monopoly for friends who prefer to play those.
2. Finally...we picked up the stroller with bassinet, cup holders, car seat and the separate bassinet stand! It's getting real you guys...this is happening. Jolene liked unpacking the items, but is not too sure about the big wheely thing in the living room now. The car seat she's fine with...not a big deal. Her own car seat fits along well with her baby brother's.
3. Speaking of baby, we're 28 weeks in. That means 12 more weeks of to go! And apparently, everyone in our home has pregnancy cravings.
4. Last Sunday, Jolene was going stir-crazy. It'd been a while since we'd done the usual Family Adventure Day - so we all went over to Theo Roosevelt Island for a stroll through the trail. This island is situated on the Potomac between Georgetown and Rosslyn. There is lovely memorial to Theodore Roosevelt at the center and several trails throughout. We saw plenty of joggers, trekkers and families doing the same. On the to do list: More trailing in the city - next up Rock Creek Park!
5. Super Secret Pizza Night - Well not so secret. It's just more fun to call it that since it was kind of last minute. Last Saturday we hopped on over to Pete's brother's house to eat pizza and play board games. It turned into a pizza party where about 5 different kinds of gourmet pizzas were made by the guys - Pete, Zac and Benton - while the girls snacked on chips, homemade salsa and guacamole! Pizza recipes were borrowed from Joe Beddia's cookbook - Pizza Camp. Highly recommend! Also, highly recommended is Daiya Cheese - a tasty vegan alternative!
6. So the Oscars are happening soon. Can't recall the last time we watched those - but there are few movies we do want to see including All the Money in the World, I Tonya, and The Shape of Water. Here's hoping Beauty and the Beast wins for best costume design!
7. PSA - we've all been doing The Plank wrong all along. See Here! Luckily, I've been couch potatoing perfectly.
8. On the flip side, THIS recipe for chocochip cookies looks promising. Got the ingredients two weeks ago. It's just a matter of making them and not just buying pre-made ones. On the calendar for this Sunday...
9. First world problem - how do you keep your white tennies clean? Watch your every step like a hawk? Just a contemplative thought here...
10. The old faithful Facebook reminded me of a post I put up 6 years ago and I found it to be still very applicable today:
Things to worry about:
Worry about courage
Worry about cleanliness
Worry about efficiency
Worry about workmanship
Things not to worry about:
Don’t worry about popular opinion
Don’t worry about the past
Don’t worry about the future
Don’t worry about growing up
Don’t worry about anybody getting ahead of you
Don’t worry about triumph
Don’t worry about failure unless it comes through your own fault
Don’t worry about mosquitoes
Don’t worry about insects in general
Don’t worry about disappointments
Don’t worry about pleasures
Don’t worry about satisfactions
Pizza + Exercise. It's about balance.
That's all folks!
Welcome to Details & Highlights! My name is Marjorie and this is my little online journal. It began as our wedding website, which I then revamped and kept as a way to record our adventures and memories.
PLACES WE SHOP!