As always, time is flying by, and we manage to get a few things done here and there. See some more images of our adventures below!
1. We've been really into board games, specifically strategy board games. In less than a month our collection of games (which wasn't much) more than doubled and have a few to suggest for all you board gamers out there: Ticket to Ride, Carcassonne, Royals, and Viticulture. We also added classic board games like Clue, Scrabble and Monopoly for friends who prefer to play those.
2. Finally...we picked up the stroller with bassinet, cup holders, car seat and the separate bassinet stand! It's getting real you guys...this is happening. Jolene liked unpacking the items, but is not too sure about the big wheely thing in the living room now. The car seat she's fine with...not a big deal. Her own car seat fits along well with her baby brother's.
3. Speaking of baby, we're 28 weeks in. That means 12 more weeks of to go! And apparently, everyone in our home has pregnancy cravings.
4. Last Sunday, Jolene was going stir-crazy. It'd been a while since we'd done the usual Family Adventure Day - so we all went over to Theo Roosevelt Island for a stroll through the trail. This island is situated on the Potomac between Georgetown and Rosslyn. There is lovely memorial to Theodore Roosevelt at the center and several trails throughout. We saw plenty of joggers, trekkers and families doing the same. On the to do list: More trailing in the city - next up Rock Creek Park!
5. Super Secret Pizza Night - Well not so secret. It's just more fun to call it that since it was kind of last minute. Last Saturday we hopped on over to Pete's brother's house to eat pizza and play board games. It turned into a pizza party where about 5 different kinds of gourmet pizzas were made by the guys - Pete, Zac and Benton - while the girls snacked on chips, homemade salsa and guacamole! Pizza recipes were borrowed from Joe Beddia's cookbook - Pizza Camp. Highly recommend! Also, highly recommended is Daiya Cheese - a tasty vegan alternative!
Today we celebrate my mom on her birthday. For the most part, she never really liked her birthday being in January - it's cold and drab (in Michigan at least). But I, for one, love that we get to celebrate my mom's birthday right off in the beginning of the year. It gives us something to look forward to a few weeks after the holidays and it's a great way to kick off the celebration of life! She was, in fact, the one who changed my point of view on birthdays. I used to hate the fuss on my own birthday and didn't like the idea of growing up - but she made a point and forever changed my point of view on them when she said we're the lucky ones; many people don't make it to see another year. In growing older, you gain knowledge, life experiences, memories and every day we get is another opportunity to make a change for the better. So in this post, we celebrate you, mom! Happy happy birthday!! Thank you for all of the life lessons. Sharing some of my favorite photos - sometimes simply for the outfit because dang, she's got style!
Finally, we're exited to share with you....
if we're having a boy or a girl...
joining Mama and Jolene with April birthdays...
Printed by Little MIGHTY Press
Last week, Pete and I were able to leave frigid Washington D.C. for the entirety of the week and visit my dad in Hermosillo, Sonora - the land of clear blue skies and sun, the land of Taco Fish, the land of Sonoran Style Steaks, the land of Palo Fierro (the most beautiful hardwood)! We all had a great time celebrating Christmas! Pete cooked a feast of cinnamon spiced salmon, green beans, mashed potatoes, cooked carrots and green apple with spiced cranberries salad. There was tres leches cake and flan for dessert but we didn't get to it until the following day. And you can certainly bet there was lots of cheering (Dilly Dilly!) as we all toasted to the coming year.
Welcome to Details & Highlights! My name is Marjorie and this is my little online journal. It began as our wedding website, which I then revamped and kept as a way to record our adventures and memories.
PLACES WE SHOP!