Heading into the Thanksgiving holiday week, being like where'd the time go? We've been pretty busy getting ready for the baby and the holidays. Fall really is one of the most productive times for us! We're starting this "10 Things" list as a series to quickly fill you in on things we've been thinking of lately and would like to share. So here we go:
1. A few weeks ago we consolidated our clothes into one dresser, sold the extra one and registered for one that will work as a changing table. We went with Pottery Barn Kids Emerson dresser. Thankfully, our parents already bought it for us and it's on the way! Hooray! Consolidating our clothes into one furniture piece was also really helpful in making us get rid of excess, once again.
2. We checked out strollers and car seats. One of the places we recommend for locals in the DMV area is Baby Blossom. Unlike the big box retailers, the staff is ready to help and very knowledgable about what works best for the uses customers need. For city dwellers like us, where space is limited and city walking is what we do most, they suggested the Nuna Mixx with the Nuna Pipa car seat or the Bugaboo Cameleon 3. Both come with overnight rated bassinets if you for travel purposes.
3. We designed our Holiday card, with and emphasis on "H". Pretty excited to showcase it so keep an eye out for it.
4. We sent out a Thanksgiving card/baby announcement to friends we didn't get to share the news with in person.
5. Jolene got a new winter jacket since she'd outgrown her puppy fleece from last winter. Hoping to share a modeling picture of her too. It's easy to put on, she walks happily in it - in fact, she did a skippitty hop out of the store the day she got it. Who doesn't like clothes shopping? If you're in the area, go check out The Cheeky Puppy on Connecticut Ave for apparel, toys, treats and home decor.
6. Trader Joe's Quick Dinner Pro Tip: Buy their Tomato & Roasted Red Pepper soup as well as their frozen Peruvian Chimi Churri Rice (1 bag per 1 soup container). Pour all into a pot, stir on low - medium heat. Tah-dah! You've got a hearty, filling, and spicy fall soup that is just simply delicious. Bonus points if you make grilled cheese - or if you're Marjorie, gluten free vegan grilled cheese.
7. Speaking about dinner, Jolene's had an upset digestive system lately so she's been on a boiled chicken and white rice dinner - which she does not mind - but a neighbor of ours recommended this pumpkin powder that is sprinkled on meals to help with digestion. It's called Firm Up - Pumpkin Super Supplement by Diggin Your Dog, ( It is also safe and good for cats!) We got it at our local shop Doggy Style, but you can order it on Chewy or Amazon. It worked right away for her!
8. Recently sold an excellent road bike - it was a hard goodbye but after five years of living here in DC, it was used a total of of 5 or 6 times. We mostly walk everywhere with the occasional supplementation of metro and lyft rides. Plus there is Capitol Bike share and these new no docking station bikes like Ofo and Lime Bikes that charge you $1 per ride! Has anybody used those?
9. This past weekend we had a friend pop over. Now, between the three of us at home, we each have our spot in the living room. Jolene on one side of the couch, Pete on the other and Marjorie on the chair. Well, when we have company we figured Jolene would get the hint and sit on the ground. Turns out, she does not appreciate losing her spot. She's not mean bout it, she just keeps on tapping the person in her seat, or shoving her way back onto it. It's funny that we all fall into place by habit, whether it's at the dinner table, living room or car right?!
10. One of the best changes we've made in the past couple of months was switching our cable/internet plan to just internet and signing up for Direct TV with the addition of Netflix. Seriously! It cut our monthly bill in half. You all should consider it too.
That's all folks!
Hi there! Our names are Marjorie & Peter. Welcome to our little corner of the web, Details & Highlights - formerly our wedding website! We revamped and kept it going for the fun of it.
PLACES WE SHOP!