Hi Folks! We've been MIA for a while...back in January we found a house in a neighborhood we loved and put an offer. Since then things moved quickly and yet slowly. You see we gave extra time for the paperwork to go through, and set March 15th as the closing date, but now we can officially say we are home owners!!! Take a look at our 1942 Cape Cod style house!
Prior to actually closing, we did a bit of leg work to get started on some of the renovations we need to get done and they're already underway. It's all very exciting and we can't wait to move in, but we know that a month and half will go by like a blink and barely have time to actually get all of our things out of our current apartment.
We'll miss the city and the neighborhood we lived in for three years, but we won't be too far from it - in fact, we're only about 7 miles due north of our DC apartment. So if we're really hankering for tacos from Bandit or larb tofu from Bangkok Thai we can just hop on over and pick some up. Obviously what we'll miss most is walking to and from anywhere and everywhere as we're now moving to a more suburban area, but we're also pretty excited about the farmers market down the block, Antique Row and camping in our backyard!
Follow along as we slowly renovate our home by looking up the hashtag #OurKensingtonHouse on instagram! We're starting with the kitchen for now. Stay tuned for before and after photos and details regarding our renovations...
Life, lately, has been exciting, to say the least and also so full, which is why we've been away from our blog for the past couple of months! We'll have some big news to share soon but for now here are a few updates on what's been happening:
1. Starting off in the new year, Jack learned to crawl....fast! And soon he was standing and now cruising. And basically, we have no free time now because he's on the move at all times.
2. Jolene has learned (finally) that not all outings are for going to the Park. She's getting really into discovering new parts of the neighborhood.
3. Pete got the flu and Jack got sick so that was a major reason to be MIA from the interwebs - just had no time!
4. LittleMIGHTYpress has some new work up on the instagram - check it out!
5. Still deciding how to celebrate Jack's up coming first birthday and the theme...should probably start a pintrest board, like now because we have a month and a half left. How has a full year already almost gone by? Keep you posted on the design deets...
6. We're slightly obsessed with Starz series Outlander. So good! Have you seen it?!?!?!?!
And if you're wondering about the quote above, it just really resonated with me. It's good to have a focus when you're just trying to get by day by day. Each day counts! And we're sure working on building the future that we're dreaming of.
Hi there! Our names are Marjorie & Peter. Welcome to our little corner of the web, Details & Highlights - formerly our wedding website! We revamped and kept it going for the fun of it.
PLACES WE SHOP!