Well, Jack is 7 months old and has got another playlist to share with you all so you can listen along to his favorite daily tunes. His music taste continue to evolve as he grows, learns, plays and drops a nap time here and there. He spends a lot of time listening to, dancing to and singing along with some of these songs! Mini Man loves a good jam session while he's on his Jolly Jumper. Enjoy listening to some of these classics and hopefully he introduces you to some new songs too!
1. Let's Dance - David Bowie
2. Blitzgriek Bop - Ramones
3. Rubber Duckie - Ernie (Sesame Street)
4. Me Lost Me Cookie at the Disco - Cookie Monster
5. Crazy Little Thing Called Love - Queen
6. Me and Julio Down by the School Yard - Paul Simon and The Sesame Street Kids
7. Nasty Dan (Feat. Johnny Cash) - Johnny Cash, Oscar the Grouch
8. Hakuna Matata - Timon, Pumba and Simba
9. Estas Son Las Mananitas - Mariachi Pablo Olmedo
- NAP TIME TUNES-
10 Gymnopedie - The Harp Players
11. Nocturne in E Flat Major - Mikhail Glinka, Zavier De Maistre
12. Theme from Swan Lake - Laura Silberberg
13. Gnossiennes - The Harp Players
You can find this playlist on Spotify - Here's the link!
Peanut. Not just a nickname we call Jack. It's an app I've told several people about and I can't stop raving about it. It's like Bumble but for new moms to meet other new moms in their vicinity. (For my parents who don't know what Bumble is, that's a dating app). Peanut came in really handy for me in the most critical time - when Jack was just about 2-3 months old and I was tired, anxious, losing my mind, feeling alone...ya see, most of my close friends that have had kiddos live far, far away. No one in my work environment is in the same stage of life as me and neither are any of my DC gal pals. This app helps you connect with other local moms that have similar interests! Even if you don't actually get to the point where you meet in person, it's so nice and relieving to be able to chat with someone that's in the exact same stage of life - and may have some tips that she's recently discovered for whatever concern you may have.
I've met a couple moms and their babies now - in a way it was great that it also forced me to get out there and meet up at a park when at the time I was struggling to get anything together. Now I'm a basically a pro when it comes to heading out with stroller, pooch and baby, plus everything else you need in tow. Also, new mom's just get it when you don't answer a text back right away or even a few hours later. They get it when you have to cancel last minute because baby hasn't gone down for a nap or because you are just so worn out. Everyone gets it on this app - the frustrations, the worries, the mini victories, the milestones (like baby's first solid poop!! hooorayy!!!). And once you've made the connection, exchanged phone numbers, you can continue to chat via the app or whichever way you prefer.
You can upload photos of you and your new little family if you'd like. You can pick three interests from baking to working out to city living to couch potato-ing. You can pick a radius so if you have a car or can only walk you are able to meet mom's in the area you can get easily get to. It's for expecting moms, it's for new moms, it's for 2nd, 3rd time around moms. Honestly, it's a really great app even if you do have your gal pals around. It helps you and your community so I highly recommend this app. If you or you know of someone that is expecting/has had a baby, please let them know about Peanut because I think it would help out anyone greatly. I often found myself on it during the late night feedings with Jack and now I've got a good group of local new mom's I can reach out too. Bonus, the husband gets to meet new dads too via the connections you make!
*Not sponsored, just a really great way to make connections in this modern world.
As of this past Sunday, October 14th, half a year has gone by already since Jack was born. That's right, he's half way through his first trip around the sun and here are some of the latest deets about what he's been up to/new to him:
1. A tooth has sprouted in the lower front of his mouth!
2. He babbles things like mamamamama and bababababab a lot. We like to think he's saying Mama
3. Can't get enough of the Jolly Jumper! Starts kicking his legs around to indicate he wants to jump.
4. Although he's 6 months old, he currently fits into 9 month old clothing.
5. Gets the biggest kick out of Jolene and lets out a big belly laugh whenever she looks his way.
6. Loves sweet potatoes, peas, prunes, mango, apple sauce, oatmeal cereal but dislikes rice cereal. That stuff is for peasants.
Hopefully you're enjoying your trip around the sun too. Keep a good eye out for Jack Jams II coming out on Spotify soon! We'll share it here with you when it drops. Peace!
Hi there! Our names are Marjorie & Peter. Welcome to our little corner of the web, Details & Highlights - formerly our wedding website! We revamped and kept it going for the fun of it.
PLACES WE SHOP!