A long standing tradition we have, that started way back before we got engaged, is sending out holiday cards. And by holiday, I mean THE holiday. Halloween. That's right.
Yes, it's my favorite holiday for various reasons including that there is no pressure to get the perfect gift for anybody, pumpkin and apple flavored treats are delicious, and the creepy spooky aspect is something I enjoy (maybe its because I like to believe in magic, like that of witches and wizards)! It's no coincidence we chose October to be the month we got married people. The fall foliage and chill in the air is a welcomed change after the hot summer days and drying effects of the air conditioning. Finally, it's time to stay in and get crafty!
Our family and some of our close friends will start getting a treat in their mailboxes soon. We're pretty psyched about the postage stamps too see HERE for the special edition from USPS.
As of this past Sunday, October 14th, half a year has gone by already since Jack was born. That's right, he's half way through his first trip around the sun and here are some of the latest deets about what he's been up to/new to him:
1. A tooth has sprouted in the lower front of his mouth!
2. He babbles things like mamamamama and bababababab a lot. We like to think he's saying Mama
3. Can't get enough of the Jolly Jumper! Starts kicking his legs around to indicate he wants to jump.
4. Although he's 6 months old, he currently fits into 9 month old clothing.
5. Gets the biggest kick out of Jolene and lets out a big belly laugh whenever she looks his way.
6. Loves sweet potatoes, peas, prunes, mango, apple sauce, oatmeal cereal but dislikes rice cereal. That stuff is for peasants.
Hopefully you're enjoying your trip around the sun too. Keep a good eye out for Jack Jams II coming out on Spotify soon! We'll share it here with you when it drops. Peace!
That's right folks! Two years have already flown by. When we started this website, it's purpose was to help our wedding guests learn more about our big day, getting around Metro Detroit, and to share our story. And now, here we are, still sharing with you guys our story...as it's continued. Two years, two babes in tow and we took them with us to explore the National Arboretum this past weekend - on what was the hottest, most humid day of October and apparently the summer...even though its technically autumn. But I digress...if you haven't been to this lovely place, we highly recommend visiting it when you are in DC. We only got to see a small bit of it, since, again it was hotter than a witches cauldron, and so we'll definitely be back to enjoy this place later this year. In the meantime, here some of our "Anniversary Celebratory Outing at the National Arboretum" photos. That was a mouthful, eh? Enjoy!
Recently, we finally got to celebrate my sister and brother-in-law's March nuptials this past August! They were officially married in the early spring back in Michigan when we couldn't travel as Jack was due a few short weeks at the time, so they hosted a grand party this summer to celebrate with extended family and friends - it was truly an event where 'la vie' was 'en rose'!
But it wasn't just any cocktail party, in fact, festivities began the night before with a taco party on the rooftop of the Park Shelton; this was a casual affair in which all out-of-towners got together to meet, eat, drink and get a grand view of the city Ilse and Jon call home catered by their fave taco chef!
This summer is rolling by and we keep on enjoying festivities and tackling the new hurdles of parenting. Here are 10 Things we'd like to share with you:
1. We celebrated Jack turning 4 months, Pete turning 30, Julia turning 24 all in the month of August! In spirit, we also celebrated both Granddaddio Devereux's and (Great) Nana's birthdays that are also in this month.
2. Maternity leave is also over - starting off with just 16 hours a week - it's both good and exhausting being back at work. The mind switch is hard, but once I'm at the office it's good feeling a little bit like my old self.
3. Sleep training - they say it's controversial, but it worked for us in 3 nights Jack went from getting up every hour to now sleeping 5-6 hour chunks, which let us tell you, is life saving for our own sanity. Very grateful his Pediatrician said, just do it.
4. We're geared up for our first flight with a baby! Headed to Michigan for another celebration - Ilse and Jon's nuptials! More on that celebration soon!!!
5. We're also gearing up for introducing Jack to foods in a couple of months so Pete bought a baby cook book called "Little Foodie". Not gonna lie, we're excited to try out the recipes ourselves. Recipes start for babies for 4+ months all the way until 24 months. Purees we're excited to start him off include: Sweet Potato + Coconut Milk+ Coriander, Roasted Blueberry + Himalayan Salt, Broccoli + Leek + . Chives, Spring Green Risotto with Lemon + Chives, Apples+Mint+Ricotta, and Peach+Strawberry+Vanilla Bean!
6. Speaking of food, Pete got the recipe book "Pizza Camp" as a birthday gift along with many tools to start making pizza at home. He's already started on his first dough which is currently proofing so that tomorrow he can make his very first pizza based off of one of the recipes in the book.
7. Jolene has suddenlty shown more of an interest in the pool at the park! Twice now she's gone in without any coaxing - she carefully steps in, so as not to make a splash, circles around a few times and then lays down, splooting, making sure to take over the entire kiddie pool.
8. Took a break from LaColombe and seriously regretting it - tempted to try their Cold Brew Shandy Lemonade. Coffee and lemonade??? Sounds crazy. But we're feeling crazy these days...
9. We've talked about decluttering, cleaning out closets/drawers, and in general minimizing the collection of stuff in the past...so how is it that it re-accumulates? Gonna go through this exersize again over Labor Day weekend.
10. Speaking of Labor Day weekend, we're taking Jack to his first ever Nationals Baseball game! Sure he won't remember it, but we will!!! And that's all that matters at the moment, hahaha! It's always about the photo opp. Keep a look out on our instagram stories for said photo!
Hi there! Our names are Marjorie & Peter. Welcome to our little corner of the web, Details & Highlights - formerly our wedding website! We revamped and kept it going for the fun of it.
PLACES WE SHOP!